So, if you’ve been online recently, you know that something went wrong. A corrupt chunk on the main world has repeatedly been crashing the server, along with a plugin. We’re narrowing down which plugin is causing the issue (removing and readding one by one to test). For now, this has resolved the crashing issues. However — we need to switch worlds to avoid future issues. We have made a new world with the same seed, and will move any build you ask us to to this new world.
You will not lose your builds if you do what I say below.
So, please stand at your build, and do /modreq please move this build. One of us will move it, and make you a new home at /home temp. If you are online, we will ask for you to please lock your own chests, but if you aren’t, we will. Please do this ASAP.
For now, using your inventory and enderchest is safe, but we might have to ask you to empty those into chests in the future, if we need to alter player data, or something like that. (Vi is the speaker of tech here, sorry!)
Sorry about the issues, but like I said in my last post, we’re still smoothing out all the bumps involved with building and running a relatively complicated server with new plugins.
Thanks for understanding, feel free to post to our forums (or message one of us on Discord) if you have any questions!
The server is officially open for business! This is considered a soft opening — since the new iteration of the server is so different from the old one, we’re looking for feedback and suggestions on how best to shape it, and also looking at fixing any bugs (oops!) that may have slipped in during the set up.
As always, you can reach the staff on Discord if you want to have a one-on-one chat with us, and our forums are available for discussions and suggestions of any kind.
Thanks for sticking with us, and we’ll be back with more updates in the future!
I just wanted to update everyone on our progress. Our lovely dev and myself (more the dev, he gets all the love for this!) have been hard at work getting our server set up. So far, we have gotten our forums set up, as well as some of the more advanced administrative things. We are working on some guides for the plugins we will be using, and just having some fun in Discord.
There’s been a few questions as for what to expect on the new Beasts.
- We plan to honor the lifetime donators from the old server and transition them to the new donator structure, which will be outlined in a future post. You will still receive some awesome perks for your contributions, some old, and some new. We hope to make it worth it!
- Donations in general
- For now, the Buycraft shop is mostly bare, but you can still donate a few bucks towards server costs if you would like (we are very grateful for anything you can give, but you are not at all obligated to donate!).
- Donations will be similar to the old structure, and lifetime donations will be available permanently in our shop. You can choose to buy monthly or permanently. Sales will happen periodically, so players can take advantage of nice discounts and get in on some lifetime donor ranks!
- Map size
- This hasn’t been discussed too much, but since we are only going to be running one server, you can expect it to be a bit bigger than previous maps, so there will be plenty to explore!
- Towny is gone! We have had numerous problems in the past with this plugin and will be trying out a new one, GriefPrevention, for our land protection. GriefPrevention will allow players to protect their own land without having to rely on a mayor or whether there is enough money in their town bank to keep the land protected. You will have full control over your land, and unless you unclaim it, will be protected permanently.
- I would like to have player shops as the core of our economy, which means that there will be a very small to no server shop planned. Players will be responsible for gathering their materials and creating shops to sell to other players. Bytes (our currency) can be gained in other ways, such as voting, chest prizes, jobs, and more!
- Old Bans
- If you have an old local ban, it will not carry over to this new map (with the exception of a few really naughty people). Global bans that were issued through McBans can be appealed on our forums. We want to give all players a second chance and an opportunity to be part of the community again.
- Moderators & other staff positions
- We have plenty of moderators and admins right now to operate and are not currently looking for new staff members. However, this can change in the future, so we will keep a lookout for fresh faces to add to our roster!
- Lastly and most importantly, when do we expect to be up and running?
- For players, within the next few weeks is what we’re expecting. There’s still a bit to work on before we’re fully ready to unveil the fruits of our labor <3
That’s all for now, Beasties! You can join in on the discussion on our Discord channel, our forums, or our Facebook page! See you soon!
Welcome to our new homepage for the BeastsMC Survival server!
As many of you have noticed, the BMC network has not been doing spectacularly. We’ve lasted quite a long time, and have done great things, have made great friends, have built amazing structures, and have had a lot of fun. However, as many things do for their own reasons, the population declined, and people grew up, went on to do other things, but many of us have stuck together through other means because we’re still friends.
Because of how much we love this community, we are going to give this another shot. We will be focusing on a survival server with new plugins and some updated features that will make gameplay exciting and different than what many of you have come to know on previous maps. Many of these features will be revealed over time until we launch because #hypetrain 😀
Thank you to everybody who has stuck it out with us, and a big welcome to new faces who will be joining our community.
I am excited and look forward to playing with all of you!