Let’s all do our part in blaming Pogo! Why? Because we can! #BlamePogo
Happy holidays, everyone!
This year, for the holiday season, the spawn world has been transformed into a winter wonderland. Sprinkled throughout it, 25 presents have been hidden — find them all and receive a special prize! See examples at /warp christmas.
Also, permanent donator packages have been brought back to the BeastsMC store until 11:55PM EST on January 1st, as well as a new Naughty & Nice title package (with a snowman disguise!). Use the code XMAS12 to get 12 percent off any purchases.
Plus, Christmas-themed infection is being brought back. Pogo is finishing the setup as this post is being written, so keep your eye out for that!
Lastly, there may be smaller, pop-up events throughout the holiday season. Everyone (including the admins and owners!) is busy at this time of year, so we’ll all pop on and do what we can during this time. 🙂 If you have any requests, feel free to throw them on to our forums!
It’s that time of year again, where the dead take to the streets, pumpkins are harvested, and everyone gorges on too many sweets.
Keeping with that theme, a team of fabulous builders have made a Halloween fair at /warp halloween! Get lost in the corn maze, try and find where Pogo is kept, and just generally marvel at the cool stuff that they’ve made. I’m going to summarize the different events going on below, and any time constraints involved. Please check back regularly to see if anything has been added!
Halloween Hunt, October 31 (12:01 EST) until November 6 (12:01 EST)
Throughout the day and night, admins will scatter pumpkin heads all over the event world for players to collect and trade in for some pretty neat prizes at /warp halloween.
Halloween Fair, October 31 (12:01 EST) until November 6 (12:01 EST)
Check out the build conceived and and headed by Ariibear (whose team was Andy_Fow, Daisy1134, CrazyCanuck1944, Suigin, Voqu, Wintere, and Zablady), and trade in your pumpkins for prizes! Also: keep your eye out for hidden places, and hidden chests! (Psst, if you find all 25 of the hidden chests, you just might get a special treat!)
Halloween Infection, October 31 (12:01 EST) until November 6 (12:01 EST)
Infection is back! Those of you who’ve stuck around over the years might remember when BeastsMC had minigames… So, back by popular demand, Andy_Fow has made a super spooky mansion map, which a whole bunch of players have decorated for the season!
Halloween Sale, October 16th (11:59 EST) until November 5th (11:59 EST)
Take 31% off of all purchases with the coupon code 31OFF, and also check out our new title package, which includes The Pumpkin King or The Pumpkin Queen title, 10,000 bytes, 100 McMMO credits, as well as a Jack Skellington and Sally head!
Thanks for playing, and we hope to see you soon!
So, if you’ve been online recently, you know that something went wrong. A corrupt chunk on the main world has repeatedly been crashing the server, along with a plugin. We’re narrowing down which plugin is causing the issue (removing and readding one by one to test). For now, this has resolved the crashing issues. However — we need to switch worlds to avoid future issues. We have made a new world with the same seed, and will move any build you ask us to to this new world.
You will not lose your builds if you do what I say below.
So, please stand at your build, and do /modreq please move this build. One of us will move it, and make you a new home at /home temp. If you are online, we will ask for you to please lock your own chests, but if you aren’t, we will. Please do this ASAP.
For now, using your inventory and enderchest is safe, but we might have to ask you to empty those into chests in the future, if we need to alter player data, or something like that. (Vi is the speaker of tech here, sorry!)
Sorry about the issues, but like I said in my last post, we’re still smoothing out all the bumps involved with building and running a relatively complicated server with new plugins.
Thanks for understanding, feel free to post to our forums (or message one of us on Discord) if you have any questions!
The server is officially open for business! This is considered a soft opening — since the new iteration of the server is so different from the old one, we’re looking for feedback and suggestions on how best to shape it, and also looking at fixing any bugs (oops!) that may have slipped in during the set up.
As always, you can reach the staff on Discord if you want to have a one-on-one chat with us, and our forums are available for discussions and suggestions of any kind.
Thanks for sticking with us, and we’ll be back with more updates in the future!
I just wanted to update everyone on our progress. Our lovely dev and myself (more the dev, he gets all the love for this!) have been hard at work getting our server set up. So far, we have gotten our forums set up, as well as some of the more advanced administrative things. We are working on some guides for the plugins we will be using, and just having some fun in Discord.
There’s been a few questions as for what to expect on the new Beasts.
- We plan to honor the lifetime donators from the old server and transition them to the new donator structure, which will be outlined in a future post. You will still receive some awesome perks for your contributions, some old, and some new. We hope to make it worth it!
- Donations in general
- For now, the Buycraft shop is mostly bare, but you can still donate a few bucks towards server costs if you would like (we are very grateful for anything you can give, but you are not at all obligated to donate!).
- Donations will be similar to the old structure, and lifetime donations will be available permanently in our shop. You can choose to buy monthly or permanently. Sales will happen periodically, so players can take advantage of nice discounts and get in on some lifetime donor ranks!
- Map size
- This hasn’t been discussed too much, but since we are only going to be running one server, you can expect it to be a bit bigger than previous maps, so there will be plenty to explore!
- Towny is gone! We have had numerous problems in the past with this plugin and will be trying out a new one, GriefPrevention, for our land protection. GriefPrevention will allow players to protect their own land without having to rely on a mayor or whether there is enough money in their town bank to keep the land protected. You will have full control over your land, and unless you unclaim it, will be protected permanently.
- I would like to have player shops as the core of our economy, which means that there will be a very small to no server shop planned. Players will be responsible for gathering their materials and creating shops to sell to other players. Bytes (our currency) can be gained in other ways, such as voting, chest prizes, jobs, and more!
- Old Bans
- If you have an old local ban, it will not carry over to this new map (with the exception of a few really naughty people). Global bans that were issued through McBans can be appealed on our forums. We want to give all players a second chance and an opportunity to be part of the community again.
- Moderators & other staff positions
- We have plenty of moderators and admins right now to operate and are not currently looking for new staff members. However, this can change in the future, so we will keep a lookout for fresh faces to add to our roster!
- Lastly and most importantly, when do we expect to be up and running?
- For players, within the next few weeks is what we’re expecting. There’s still a bit to work on before we’re fully ready to unveil the fruits of our labor <3
That’s all for now, Beasties! You can join in on the discussion on our Discord channel, our forums, or our Facebook page! See you soon!
Welcome to our new homepage for the BeastsMC Survival server!
As many of you have noticed, the BMC network has not been doing spectacularly. We’ve lasted quite a long time, and have done great things, have made great friends, have built amazing structures, and have had a lot of fun. However, as many things do for their own reasons, the population declined, and people grew up, went on to do other things, but many of us have stuck together through other means because we’re still friends.
Because of how much we love this community, we are going to give this another shot. We will be focusing on a survival server with new plugins and some updated features that will make gameplay exciting and different than what many of you have come to know on previous maps. Many of these features will be revealed over time until we launch because #hypetrain 😀
Thank you to everybody who has stuck it out with us, and a big welcome to new faces who will be joining our community.
I am excited and look forward to playing with all of you!